A POPULAR Bournemouth bar has announced its reopening date following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Chaplin’s in Christchurch Road, Boscombe, will begin a phased reopening from Wednesday, June 2.
However, the venue says the cellar bar will remain closed for the time being with live entertainment not viable until restrictions are eased further.
A post on the Chaplin’s Facebook page said: “Chaplins will be re-opening on Wednesday, June 2 with full details on opening hours and how to book tables being released in the next few days.
“It will be a gradual re-opening with food served from our kitchen on a reduced basis.
“Live entertainment remains a vital part of our venue but unfortunately, until the restrictions are eased further, our normal programme is simply not viable for the performers or the business and as such we will be keeping the cellar bar closed for now.
“Thank you very much for your patience throughout all of this and we look forward to bringing back the atmosphere, community and soul that we all remember.
“Stay safe and we’ll see you all soon.”
As reported, the venue received just shy of £250,000 through the government’s Cultural Recovery Fund.
This money must be used towards the entertainment and artistic aspect of the business, focusing on live and streamed events.
This came after months of uncertainty for the award-winning bar, which had previously set up a Crowdfunder page.
Following the awarding of the government grant, Chaplin’s owner Harry Seccombe said donations would go towards a special community event to thanks everyone for their support.